FundersClub Portfolio Follow-On Rounds Update - Q2 2021
By Alex Mittal • Aug 6, 2021
We'd like to congratulate FundersClub portfolio companies on their ongoing progress, as well as to welcome aboard their new VC investor partners.
Selected recent FundersClub portfolio company follow-on rounds and events:
- Embark Trucks, an autonomous trucking technology company, announced its intention to go public at a pro forma market cap of ~$5.16B via merger with Northern Genesis Acquisition Corp. II, a NYSE-listed SPAC with $414M cash in trust, and a $200 million fully committed PIPE from investors including CPP Investments, Sequoia Capital, and Tiger Global. We invested at Seed, Series B, and Series C.
- Shipbob, an ecommerce fulfillment provider, announced a $200M Series E led by Bain Capital. We invested at Seed, Series A, and Series B.
- Aircall, a cloud-based call center SaaS company, raised a $120M Series D led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management. We invested at Seed, Series A, and Series B.
- Shippo, a shipping software company for ecommerce, closed a $50M Series E led by Bessemer. We invested at Seed, Series A, and Series B.
- Substack, a paid newsletter platform, raised $65M Series B led by Andreessen Horowitz. We invested at Seed and Series B.
- Human Interest, an SMB 401(k) provider, announced a $55M Series C led by Glynn Capital. We invested at Seed, Series A, and Series C.
- Bitso, a cryptocurrency exchange based in Latin America, announced a $250M Series C led by Tiger Global and Coatue. We invested at Seed.
- RevenueCat, a subscription revenue management SaaS platform, raised a $37.5M Series B led by Y Combinator Continuity. We invested at Seed and Series B.
- Grin, a SaaS platform for ecommerce companies to manage influencer marketing, raised a $17M Series A-2 led by Imaginary Ventures. We invested at Seed, Series A-1, and Series A-2.
- Zeroheight, a SaaS platform for managing Design Ops, raised a $10M Series A led by Tribe Capital. We invested at Seed and Series A.